Cartoon row: Lalu criticises WB professor`s arrest
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Monday termed the arrest of a Jadavpore University professor for posting a cartoon on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee as an assault on the freedom of expression.
"People make my cartoons to which I have never objected. It is an assault on the freedom of expression," the former Bihar chief minister told reporters here.
"I strongly condemn it. Something very bad has taken place in West Bengal," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug