Cash, valuables stolen from Binayak Sen`s home
Kalyani: Cash and valuables worth more than Rs one lakh were stolen Tuesday from the residence of human rights activist Binayak Sen at Kalyani in Nadia district, the police said.
Sen was at his residence when the thieves broke into the house here early Tuesday.
"They got into my house in Block-B of Kalyani town after breaking the grille of the kitchen," Sen told journalists after lodging a complaint at Kalyani police station.
Normally, Sen`s mother Anasua Sen and maid Rekha Biswas stay in the house. But Sen, the well-known paediatrician, was also present in the house as he returned home last night.
The thieves ransacked four rooms and broke the almirahs of the room where they were sleeping to take away Rs 70,000, ornaments and watch of Sen`s mother, police said.
The thieves fled through the broken window of the kitchen.
No arrest has been made in this case so far, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan