Cash, valuables stolen from Binayak Sen`s home
Kalyani: Cash and valuables worth more than Rs one lakh were stolen Tuesday from the residence of human rights activist Binayak Sen at Kalyani in Nadia district, the police said.
Sen was at his residence when the thieves broke into the house here early Tuesday.
"They got into my house in Block-B of Kalyani town after breaking the grille of the kitchen," Sen told journalists after lodging a complaint at Kalyani police station.
Normally, Sen`s mother Anasua Sen and maid Rekha Biswas stay in the house. But Sen, the well-known paediatrician, was also present in the house as he returned home last night.
The thieves ransacked four rooms and broke the almirahs of the room where they were sleeping to take away Rs 70,000, ornaments and watch of Sen`s mother, police said.
The thieves fled through the broken window of the kitchen.
No arrest has been made in this case so far, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi