Cash, valuables stolen from Binayak Sen`s home
Kalyani: Cash and valuables worth more than Rs one lakh were stolen Tuesday from the residence of human rights activist Binayak Sen at Kalyani in Nadia district, the police said.
Sen was at his residence when the thieves broke into the house here early Tuesday.
"They got into my house in Block-B of Kalyani town after breaking the grille of the kitchen," Sen told journalists after lodging a complaint at Kalyani police station.
Normally, Sen`s mother Anasua Sen and maid Rekha Biswas stay in the house. But Sen, the well-known paediatrician, was also present in the house as he returned home last night.
The thieves ransacked four rooms and broke the almirahs of the room where they were sleeping to take away Rs 70,000, ornaments and watch of Sen`s mother, police said.
The thieves fled through the broken window of the kitchen.
No arrest has been made in this case so far, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past