Cash, valuables stolen from Binayak Sen`s home
Kalyani: Cash and valuables worth more than Rs one lakh were stolen Tuesday from the residence of human rights activist Binayak Sen at Kalyani in Nadia district, the police said.
Sen was at his residence when the thieves broke into the house here early Tuesday.
"They got into my house in Block-B of Kalyani town after breaking the grille of the kitchen," Sen told journalists after lodging a complaint at Kalyani police station.
Normally, Sen`s mother Anasua Sen and maid Rekha Biswas stay in the house. But Sen, the well-known paediatrician, was also present in the house as he returned home last night.
The thieves ransacked four rooms and broke the almirahs of the room where they were sleeping to take away Rs 70,000, ornaments and watch of Sen`s mother, police said.
The thieves fled through the broken window of the kitchen.
No arrest has been made in this case so far, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you