CBI arrests eight MBBS students for impersonation in AIPMT
Kolkata: The CBI has arrested eight MBBS
students for impersonating as medical aspirants during the All
India Pre-Medical Test held here on Sunday.
According to CBI officials, these eight medical
students, who were trying to pull off a trick from the flick
`Munnabhai MBBS` in real life, were charging between Rs 5-8
lakh per candidate for sitting in the exam on behalf of the
"The CBI has registered a case against some of the
medical aspirants for trying to secure admission in medical
colleges through All India Pre Medical Test 2011 with the help
of dummy candidates," an agency official said.
"In this regard, raids were conducted at AIPMT Centre
exam centre here today to apprehend those candidates who had
appeared as dummy candidates on behalf of such aspiring
candidates. Eight dummy candidates including facilitators have
been arrested," he said.
All arrested persons are residents of different
districts in Bihar.
"It has also been found that the arrested dummy
candidates are students of different medical colleges and had
appeared for the candidates for huge amount of money already
paid to them," the official said.
"Arun Kumar, Ajay Kumar Singh, Abhay Kumar Singh,
hailing from Vaishali district, Dhananjay Kumar Gupta (Patna),
Harinder Kumar (Siwan), Umesh Kumar ( Samastipur), Sanjay
Kumar (resident of West Champaran) and Kumar Gautam have been
arrested," the CBI said.
"They will be produced before a designated court here
tomorrow," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project