CCTV surveillance system launched in Kolkata
Kolkata: A CCTV surveillance system to improve the security of women in the metropolis was today launched at Lalbazar, the headquarters of the Kolkata Police.
The monitoring would be done through 400 cameras which would be monitored from the police headquarters, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said launching the system.
"We would be able to give more security to women, catch offenders and also to keep a tab on other crimes like dacoity through the city surveillance system," Banerjee, who holds the Home portfolio, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India