CCTV surveillance system launched in Kolkata
Kolkata: A CCTV surveillance system to improve the security of women in the metropolis was today launched at Lalbazar, the headquarters of the Kolkata Police.
The monitoring would be done through 400 cameras which would be monitored from the police headquarters, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said launching the system.
"We would be able to give more security to women, catch offenders and also to keep a tab on other crimes like dacoity through the city surveillance system," Banerjee, who holds the Home portfolio, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss