CCTV surveillance system launched in Kolkata
Kolkata: A CCTV surveillance system to improve the security of women in the metropolis was today launched at Lalbazar, the headquarters of the Kolkata Police.
The monitoring would be done through 400 cameras which would be monitored from the police headquarters, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said launching the system.
"We would be able to give more security to women, catch offenders and also to keep a tab on other crimes like dacoity through the city surveillance system," Banerjee, who holds the Home portfolio, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price