CCTV surveillance system launched in Kolkata
Kolkata: A CCTV surveillance system to improve the security of women in the metropolis was today launched at Lalbazar, the headquarters of the Kolkata Police.
The monitoring would be done through 400 cameras which would be monitored from the police headquarters, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said launching the system.
"We would be able to give more security to women, catch offenders and also to keep a tab on other crimes like dacoity through the city surveillance system," Banerjee, who holds the Home portfolio, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city