CCTVs to check eve teasing in Barasat
Barasat(WB): The check the cases of eve teasing in Barasat Town, the North 24 district police has decided to install close circuit TVs in the town, police sources said today.
The district police top brass yesterday held a high level with the headmistress of all girls` school in the town to discuss methods to check cases of eve teasing, the sources said.
In the meeting it was decided to install CCTV in the town especially near girls schools.
It was also decided to increased police patrolling both on foot and also on motorcycle, the source said.
The police also decided to past
e the mobile numbers of all the senior police officers in the girls school so that if anybody face any problem they can ring them up.
Rajeev Das, a youth was killed by miscreants last year in Barasat when he tried to protest his elder sister from being eve teased by the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India