`Central Cong ministers from Bengal will be beggars after polls`
Berhampore: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday alleged the Congress was always "bad-mouthing" the party and claimed that they would become "beggars" after the next year`s Lok Sabha elections.
"Congress ministers (from Bengal) are always bad mouthing us. They should not forget that today they are ministers only because of our support," Banerjee said.
"Everyone knows that they are going to lose the next Lok Sabha polls and after that will all become beggars," Banerjee claimed at a panchayat election rally here in Murshidabad district, considered a stronghold of Minister of state for Railways Adhir Choudhury.
She said that the TMC had decided to quit the UPA as it was trying to sell the country by pursuing "anti-people" policies.
"They are trying to sell off the entire country by pursuing anti-people policies. They brought FDI in retail, they withdrew subsidy on LPG. It affected the common man. So we decided to withdraw our support," the chief minister said.
"They are taking so much, but we had to pay the Railways for bringing back pilgrims from Uttarakhand. We had to book an entire railway coach," Banerjee said.
Alleging that the opposition CPI(M) ruined the economy of the state in the last 35 years, she claimed, "They have amassed huge fortunes for themselves. You can see that a top CPI(M) leader has Rs 16 crore in his bank account. Where did the money come from?"
Without naming the SEC, she said the state government had wanted the panchayat polls to be held either after or before Ramzan, but it was CPI(M) and their "stooges" which wanted it during the Muslim holy month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues