Centre yet to respond to complaint against RPF checks in WB
Kolkata: The Union Home Ministry is yet
to respond to the West Bengal government`s complaint against
the RPF for allegedly conducting checks outside their
jurisdiction on roads leading to Lalgarh for the Trinamool
There has been no reply, Home Secretary Samar Ghosh
told reporters at Writers` Buildings here.
Asked about the presence of wanted Maoist leaders Asit
Mahato and Manoj Mahato near the rally at Lalgarh yesterday,
DGP Bhupinder Singh said, "the police were not supposed to
locate them in processions. We were more concerned about the
safety on roads leading to the meeting ground at Lalgarh."
On the three-day bandh called by Maoists in Bihar,
Jharkhand and Orissa from today to protest the arrest of their
leader Rahulji, he said the Railway Protection Force had
written to the State for ensuring the safety of Railways
during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17