Chairman of Xenitis Group granted bail
Kolkata: A city court Monday granted bail to Santanu Ghosh, chairman of city-based company Xenitis Group, who was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate for his alleged monetary links with multi-crore chitfund scam accused Sudipta Sen of Saradha Group.
The chief judge of City Sessions Court here granted bail to Ghosh on two sureties of Rs 15,000 each and was directed not to leave the country and to cooperate with the investigating agency.
Ghosh`s counsel moved the bail prayer submitting that he has been in custody for 63 days and that the ED has not been able to file the chargesheet within the statutory period of 60 days.
The counsel for ED opposed the bail prayer stating that it was a high-profile case and needed further time.
Hearing both the parties, the chief judge granted the bail prayer of Ghosh.
The next date of hearing in the case has been fixed on September nine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan