Chargesheet against Adhir Chowdhury in TN activist murder case
Berhampore: Police on Friday filed a chargesheet against Union Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in the murder case of a Trinamool Congress activist.
In its charge sheet filed before a court in Berhampore, police accused the Minister of conspiring the murder of Trinamool Congress activist Kamal Sheikh, who was killed by miscreants in Golabazar area in 2011.
Condemning the move, local Congress leaders alleged that it is a "political conspiracy" to target their leader.
They said they will bring out rallies in Murshidabad district to protest against this.
Chowdhury, however, could not be contacted for his reaction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore