Chargesheet filed in Pradip Tah murder case
Burdwan (WB): The CID on Thursday filed a charge sheet against 19 accused out the 22 named in the FIR in the murder case of CPI (M) leaders -- former MLA Pradip Tah and Burdwan district committee member Kamal Gayen.
Of the 19 persons chargesheeted, 11 are in jail and eight are absconding since the two were murdered allegedly by a mob during a political clash at Dewandighi locality of Burdwan town on February 22.
The CID sought permission from the court to attach property of the eight absconding accused.
About the remaining three persons named as accused in the FIR, the CID said they were not present on the spot at the time of the incident.
Four persons had been arrested by the district police in the case on the day of the incident.
On March two, hearing three PILs seeking CBI inquiry into the killings, the Calcutta High Court directed the CID to investigate the murders.
The CID arrested two on March 12 and five others on March 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi