Chidambaram holds talks with Buddhadeb before Lalgarh visit
Kolkata: Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram tonight met West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee here before his visit to Maoist-hit Lalgarh in
West Midnapore district Sunday.
"Tomorrow, tomorrow. Circuit House," Chidambaram
cryptically told reporters when asked about his 40-minute
meeting with the chief minister hinting that he would brief
the press after his visit to Lalgarh.
The minister was understood to have reviewed the
situation in Maoist-hit areas where the joint operations have
achieved success in last few days as also the future strategy
to tackle Maoist menace.
Chidambaram, who arrived here from Itanagar this
evening, drove straight to the Raj Bhavan before meeting the
Chief Minister at the Writers` Buildings.
He was assisted in the talks by Union Home Ministry
Joint Secretary D R S Chowdhury and Additional Director, IB, P
The minister later held a meeting with Chief Secretary
Asoke Mohan Chakraborty, Home Secretary Ardhendu Sen and DGP
Neither the chief minister nor the chief secretary
briefed newsmen about the talks.
Chidamabaram had last held talks with the West Bengal
and Orissa chief ministers and two deputy chief ministers of
Jharkhand here on February nine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations