Chidambaram holds talks with Buddhadeb before Lalgarh visit
Kolkata: Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram tonight met West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee here before his visit to Maoist-hit Lalgarh in
West Midnapore district Sunday.
"Tomorrow, tomorrow. Circuit House," Chidambaram
cryptically told reporters when asked about his 40-minute
meeting with the chief minister hinting that he would brief
the press after his visit to Lalgarh.
The minister was understood to have reviewed the
situation in Maoist-hit areas where the joint operations have
achieved success in last few days as also the future strategy
to tackle Maoist menace.
Chidambaram, who arrived here from Itanagar this
evening, drove straight to the Raj Bhavan before meeting the
Chief Minister at the Writers` Buildings.
He was assisted in the talks by Union Home Ministry
Joint Secretary D R S Chowdhury and Additional Director, IB, P
The minister later held a meeting with Chief Secretary
Asoke Mohan Chakraborty, Home Secretary Ardhendu Sen and DGP
Neither the chief minister nor the chief secretary
briefed newsmen about the talks.
Chidamabaram had last held talks with the West Bengal
and Orissa chief ministers and two deputy chief ministers of
Jharkhand here on February nine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire