Chidambaram holds talks with Buddhadeb before Lalgarh visit
Kolkata: Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram tonight met West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee here before his visit to Maoist-hit Lalgarh in
West Midnapore district Sunday.
"Tomorrow, tomorrow. Circuit House," Chidambaram
cryptically told reporters when asked about his 40-minute
meeting with the chief minister hinting that he would brief
the press after his visit to Lalgarh.
The minister was understood to have reviewed the
situation in Maoist-hit areas where the joint operations have
achieved success in last few days as also the future strategy
to tackle Maoist menace.
Chidambaram, who arrived here from Itanagar this
evening, drove straight to the Raj Bhavan before meeting the
Chief Minister at the Writers` Buildings.
He was assisted in the talks by Union Home Ministry
Joint Secretary D R S Chowdhury and Additional Director, IB, P
The minister later held a meeting with Chief Secretary
Asoke Mohan Chakraborty, Home Secretary Ardhendu Sen and DGP
Neither the chief minister nor the chief secretary
briefed newsmen about the talks.
Chidamabaram had last held talks with the West Bengal
and Orissa chief ministers and two deputy chief ministers of
Jharkhand here on February nine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf