Chit fund issue: Two Saradha Group agents among three held
Burdwan: Three persons related to `chit fund` companies including two from the Saradha Group were on Sunday arrested from Burdwan district following complaints against them by investors, the police said.
Madhab Das and Jayanta Chowdhury, agents of the Saradha Group, were arrested from Heeragachhi area of Burdwan town.
One of the directors of Saradha Group was arrested yesterday from Kolkata while its Chairman and Managing Director Sudipta Sen was still at large.
With a huge default in repayments, the Saradha Group is virtually on the verge of collapse.
Pressure on its finances recently forced the group to wind up at least 10 media organisations, including newspapers and television channels it had launched or acquired since 2010-11.
The third person to be arrested was Jayanta Das, manager of Espen Group, another chit fund company, the sources said.
He was arrested from Gupta Market of Memari in Burdwan district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble