Chit fund issue: Two Saradha Group agents among three held
Burdwan: Three persons related to `chit fund` companies including two from the Saradha Group were on Sunday arrested from Burdwan district following complaints against them by investors, the police said.
Madhab Das and Jayanta Chowdhury, agents of the Saradha Group, were arrested from Heeragachhi area of Burdwan town.
One of the directors of Saradha Group was arrested yesterday from Kolkata while its Chairman and Managing Director Sudipta Sen was still at large.
With a huge default in repayments, the Saradha Group is virtually on the verge of collapse.
Pressure on its finances recently forced the group to wind up at least 10 media organisations, including newspapers and television channels it had launched or acquired since 2010-11.
The third person to be arrested was Jayanta Das, manager of Espen Group, another chit fund company, the sources said.
He was arrested from Gupta Market of Memari in Burdwan district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities