Chit fund issue: Two Saradha Group agents among three held
Burdwan: Three persons related to `chit fund` companies including two from the Saradha Group were on Sunday arrested from Burdwan district following complaints against them by investors, the police said.
Madhab Das and Jayanta Chowdhury, agents of the Saradha Group, were arrested from Heeragachhi area of Burdwan town.
One of the directors of Saradha Group was arrested yesterday from Kolkata while its Chairman and Managing Director Sudipta Sen was still at large.
With a huge default in repayments, the Saradha Group is virtually on the verge of collapse.
Pressure on its finances recently forced the group to wind up at least 10 media organisations, including newspapers and television channels it had launched or acquired since 2010-11.
The third person to be arrested was Jayanta Das, manager of Espen Group, another chit fund company, the sources said.
He was arrested from Gupta Market of Memari in Burdwan district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)
- Want to live longer? Restrict your calorie intake!
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here
- Delhi boy 'Sonu', abducted 6 years ago, returns home from Bangladesh today
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out