Chit fund issue: Two Saradha Group agents among three held
Burdwan: Three persons related to `chit fund` companies including two from the Saradha Group were on Sunday arrested from Burdwan district following complaints against them by investors, the police said.
Madhab Das and Jayanta Chowdhury, agents of the Saradha Group, were arrested from Heeragachhi area of Burdwan town.
One of the directors of Saradha Group was arrested yesterday from Kolkata while its Chairman and Managing Director Sudipta Sen was still at large.
With a huge default in repayments, the Saradha Group is virtually on the verge of collapse.
Pressure on its finances recently forced the group to wind up at least 10 media organisations, including newspapers and television channels it had launched or acquired since 2010-11.
The third person to be arrested was Jayanta Das, manager of Espen Group, another chit fund company, the sources said.
He was arrested from Gupta Market of Memari in Burdwan district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’