Chit fund scam: CPI(M) expels PA to ex-minister
Kolkata: Ganesh Dey, PA to former finance minister of West Bengal Ashim Dasgupta, was expelled from the CPI(M) for his alleged links with Saradha group.
CPI(M) sources said that Dey was expelled for having personal links with chit fund scam-tainted Saradha group without the knowledge of the party.
Dey was a member of the party from Khardah in North 24 Parganas district.
Dey was summoned by Bidhannagar police on Wednesday for interrogation in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'