Chit fund scam: CPI(M) expels PA to ex-minister
Kolkata: Ganesh Dey, PA to former finance minister of West Bengal Ashim Dasgupta, was expelled from the CPI(M) for his alleged links with Saradha group.
CPI(M) sources said that Dey was expelled for having personal links with chit fund scam-tainted Saradha group without the knowledge of the party.
Dey was a member of the party from Khardah in North 24 Parganas district.
Dey was summoned by Bidhannagar police on Wednesday for interrogation in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Government should act on its words on Kashmir, says Congress
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- Brexit hits German business morale, Ifo index plunges
- Fierce gunfight underway between militants and security forces in Kashmir's Kupwara
- RBI retains 'too big to fail' tag for SBI, ICICI Bank