Chit fund scam: CPI(M) expels PA to ex-minister
Kolkata: Ganesh Dey, PA to former finance minister of West Bengal Ashim Dasgupta, was expelled from the CPI(M) for his alleged links with Saradha group.
CPI(M) sources said that Dey was expelled for having personal links with chit fund scam-tainted Saradha group without the knowledge of the party.
Dey was a member of the party from Khardah in North 24 Parganas district.
Dey was summoned by Bidhannagar police on Wednesday for interrogation in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users