Chit fund scam: Duped farm labourer attempts suicide
Jalpaiguri (WB): A daily wage farm labourer on Monday allegedly attempted to commit suicide after losing money in Saradha chitfund scam.
Sixteen-year-old Sahanur Rahman tried to end his life by drinking pesticide this morning at his home near here, the police said.
He had invested Rs 75,000 with Saradha chit fund group after being lured by a promise of higher returns, sources said.
He was in depression since the chit fund company collapsed nearly a month ago. He had borrowed a lot of money and hoped to clear them once his investments matured, police said.
He has been admitted to Jalpaiguri Sadar hospital in a serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker