Chit fund scam: FIR filed against TMC MP, Sudipta Sen
Kolkata: An FIR has been filed against Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghose, Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen and two others for non-payment of salaries to a television channel run by the chit fund company.
The FIR was filed last night at the Park Street police station by journalist and non-journalist employees of Channel 10 stating that they were not paid salaries for the last three months despite repeated assurances, a senior journalist of the channel Bithin Sarkar said today.
The FIR also alleged that the employees were made to work though their salaries were not being paid.
Kolkata police chief Surajit Kar Purakayastha said he was unaware of the FIR and that Joint CP (Crime) P K Ghose should be contacted, but he was not available either.
The TMC MP, on his part, said that he was only an employee with responsibility for editorial content of the channel. "I`m ready to face any investigation.
"I was not the owner. Finance and accounts were not under me. I did not have cheque signing authority. Attempts are being made to tarnish my image," Ghose, who was the Saradha group media CEO, said.
He said that Sudipta Sen, the Saradha Group chairman, was the owner of Channel 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand