Chit fund scam: Police take Debjani to Saradha office, seizes documents
Kolkata: The police on Thursday took Debjani Mukherjee, one of the main accused of Saradha group Chit fund scam, to the main office of the group as a part of investigation and seized various important documents.
"Today we took Debjani Mukherjee to Midland Park office and have seized some property related documents, We are investigating the case. The investigation is moving properly," DC (DD) Bidhanagar City Police Arnab Ghosh told PTI.
Saradha group Chairman Sudipto Sen, along with Debjani and Arvind Singh Chauhan are currently in 14 days` police custody. Sen has been accused of duping thousands of investors in Bengal.
Yesterday the assistants of two former CPI(M) ministers were summoned by the Bidhanagar police for questioning in the Saradha chitfund scam.
Thousands of investors of the chit fund group have hit roads alleging they have been duped of around Rs 4,000 crore and hundreds of agents of the company have been rendered jobless.
Meanwhile Deb today accused West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of trying to stop CBI investigating the Saradha Group Chit fund scam.
"She is trying to stop CBI from investigating the Saradha scam. But CBI will come," said Deb.
In a veiled threat to Bidhanagar city police, Deb said it is a small commissionerate and the officers of these commissionerate will have to work under us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab