Chit fund scam: Police take Debjani to Saradha office, seizes documents
Kolkata: The police on Thursday took Debjani Mukherjee, one of the main accused of Saradha group Chit fund scam, to the main office of the group as a part of investigation and seized various important documents.
"Today we took Debjani Mukherjee to Midland Park office and have seized some property related documents, We are investigating the case. The investigation is moving properly," DC (DD) Bidhanagar City Police Arnab Ghosh told PTI.
Saradha group Chairman Sudipto Sen, along with Debjani and Arvind Singh Chauhan are currently in 14 days` police custody. Sen has been accused of duping thousands of investors in Bengal.
Yesterday the assistants of two former CPI(M) ministers were summoned by the Bidhanagar police for questioning in the Saradha chitfund scam.
Thousands of investors of the chit fund group have hit roads alleging they have been duped of around Rs 4,000 crore and hundreds of agents of the company have been rendered jobless.
Meanwhile Deb today accused West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of trying to stop CBI investigating the Saradha Group Chit fund scam.
"She is trying to stop CBI from investigating the Saradha scam. But CBI will come," said Deb.
In a veiled threat to Bidhanagar city police, Deb said it is a small commissionerate and the officers of these commissionerate will have to work under us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!