Chit-fund scam: Saradha chairman Sudipto Sen detained in J&K
Kolkata: Sudipto Sen, the chairman of Saradha group, the chit-fund company which has allegedly defrauded thousands of depositors, has been detained from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir along with two other company officials on Tuesday, a senior police official said.
"Three persons have been detained in Sonmarg area of Jammu and Kashmir. The police there have identified them as Sudipto Sen, Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chauhan," Bidhannagar Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar told reporters here.
A Scorpio vehicle with a West Bengal numberplate has also been seized, Kumar said.
"Our team is there, after completing all necessary legal procedures they will be produced in court there and efforts will be made to bring them back," he said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had earlier ordered Sen`s arrest and said that he was hiding somewhere in North India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!