Chit-fund scam: Saradha chairman Sudipto Sen detained in J&K
Kolkata: Sudipto Sen, the chairman of Saradha group, the chit-fund company which has allegedly defrauded thousands of depositors, has been detained from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir along with two other company officials on Tuesday, a senior police official said.
"Three persons have been detained in Sonmarg area of Jammu and Kashmir. The police there have identified them as Sudipto Sen, Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chauhan," Bidhannagar Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar told reporters here.
A Scorpio vehicle with a West Bengal numberplate has also been seized, Kumar said.
"Our team is there, after completing all necessary legal procedures they will be produced in court there and efforts will be made to bring them back," he said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had earlier ordered Sen`s arrest and said that he was hiding somewhere in North India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH