Chit-fund scam: Saradha chairman Sudipto Sen detained in J&K
Kolkata: Sudipto Sen, the chairman of Saradha group, the chit-fund company which has allegedly defrauded thousands of depositors, has been detained from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir along with two other company officials on Tuesday, a senior police official said.
"Three persons have been detained in Sonmarg area of Jammu and Kashmir. The police there have identified them as Sudipto Sen, Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chauhan," Bidhannagar Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar told reporters here.
A Scorpio vehicle with a West Bengal numberplate has also been seized, Kumar said.
"Our team is there, after completing all necessary legal procedures they will be produced in court there and efforts will be made to bring them back," he said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had earlier ordered Sen`s arrest and said that he was hiding somewhere in North India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know