Chit-fund scam: Saradha chairman Sudipto Sen detained in J&K
Kolkata: Sudipto Sen, the chairman of Saradha group, the chit-fund company which has allegedly defrauded thousands of depositors, has been detained from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir along with two other company officials on Tuesday, a senior police official said.
"Three persons have been detained in Sonmarg area of Jammu and Kashmir. The police there have identified them as Sudipto Sen, Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chauhan," Bidhannagar Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar told reporters here.
A Scorpio vehicle with a West Bengal numberplate has also been seized, Kumar said.
"Our team is there, after completing all necessary legal procedures they will be produced in court there and efforts will be made to bring them back," he said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had earlier ordered Sen`s arrest and said that he was hiding somewhere in North India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?