Chit fund scam: Saradha Group director admitted to hospital
Kolkata: Debjani Mukherjee, one of the main accused in the Saradha Ponzi scam, was on Tuesday admitted to the state-run SSKM hospital.
"She has been admitted with certain complaints like weakness, reeling and scanty urination. She is under observation of the doctors and there is nothing serious regarding her health condition," a hospital source said.
Earlier, she was admitted to a private hospital last week as she was suffering from gastrointestinal tract infection.
Debjani was today remanded to police custody for eight days. The order was passed by the sub-divisional judicial magistrate of Baruipur in connection with complaints of fraud by the ponzy scheme company by a large number of its agents and investors.
Debjani, a close associate of Sardha Group chairman Sudipta Sen, was yesterday remanded to judicial custody till May 31 by a Bidhanagar court in another case.
Sen and senior official of Shardha Group Arvind Singh Chauhan were also remanded to police custody for ten days by the same court on May 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters