Chit fund scam: Saradha Group director admitted to hospital
Kolkata: Debjani Mukherjee, one of the main accused in the Saradha Ponzi scam, was on Tuesday admitted to the state-run SSKM hospital.
"She has been admitted with certain complaints like weakness, reeling and scanty urination. She is under observation of the doctors and there is nothing serious regarding her health condition," a hospital source said.
Earlier, she was admitted to a private hospital last week as she was suffering from gastrointestinal tract infection.
Debjani was today remanded to police custody for eight days. The order was passed by the sub-divisional judicial magistrate of Baruipur in connection with complaints of fraud by the ponzy scheme company by a large number of its agents and investors.
Debjani, a close associate of Sardha Group chairman Sudipta Sen, was yesterday remanded to judicial custody till May 31 by a Bidhanagar court in another case.
Sen and senior official of Shardha Group Arvind Singh Chauhan were also remanded to police custody for ten days by the same court on May 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll