Chit fund scam: Saradha Group director admitted to hospital
Kolkata: Debjani Mukherjee, one of the main accused in the Saradha Ponzi scam, was on Tuesday admitted to the state-run SSKM hospital.
"She has been admitted with certain complaints like weakness, reeling and scanty urination. She is under observation of the doctors and there is nothing serious regarding her health condition," a hospital source said.
Earlier, she was admitted to a private hospital last week as she was suffering from gastrointestinal tract infection.
Debjani was today remanded to police custody for eight days. The order was passed by the sub-divisional judicial magistrate of Baruipur in connection with complaints of fraud by the ponzy scheme company by a large number of its agents and investors.
Debjani, a close associate of Sardha Group chairman Sudipta Sen, was yesterday remanded to judicial custody till May 31 by a Bidhanagar court in another case.
Sen and senior official of Shardha Group Arvind Singh Chauhan were also remanded to police custody for ten days by the same court on May 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP