Chit fund scam: Saradha Group director admitted to hospital
Kolkata: Debjani Mukherjee, one of the main accused in the Saradha Ponzi scam, was on Tuesday admitted to the state-run SSKM hospital.
"She has been admitted with certain complaints like weakness, reeling and scanty urination. She is under observation of the doctors and there is nothing serious regarding her health condition," a hospital source said.
Earlier, she was admitted to a private hospital last week as she was suffering from gastrointestinal tract infection.
Debjani was today remanded to police custody for eight days. The order was passed by the sub-divisional judicial magistrate of Baruipur in connection with complaints of fraud by the ponzy scheme company by a large number of its agents and investors.
Debjani, a close associate of Sardha Group chairman Sudipta Sen, was yesterday remanded to judicial custody till May 31 by a Bidhanagar court in another case.
Sen and senior official of Shardha Group Arvind Singh Chauhan were also remanded to police custody for ten days by the same court on May 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi
- Jacqueline Fernandez dusts down rumours on doing 'Don 3'!
- Hurrah! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' got cleared by CBFC with NO CUTS!
- Here's what Aishwarya Rai has to say about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' co-actor Ranbir Kapoor!
- China's finance minister sees Brexit heightening uncertainty for markets