Chit fund scam: Sudipta Sen to be produced in court tomorrow
Kolkata: Sudipta Sen, chairman of Saradha Group which has gone bust after allegedly defrauding thousands of small investors, will be produced in court on Thursday at the end of 14 days police remand.
"The 14 days police custody of Sudipta Sen and Debjani Mukherjee (director) has been more or less fruitful. We have got much valuable information from them," Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) Arnab Ghosh said.
Ghosh declined to reveal whether the police will seek further police custody of Sen and Mukherjee.
"I can`t divulge it as of now," Ghosh said. Sen, Mukherjee and another Saradha official, Arvind Singh Chouhan, were arrested from Sonamarg in Kashmir valley on April 24 while they were on the run.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane