Chit fund scam: Sudipta Sen to be produced in court tomorrow
Kolkata: Sudipta Sen, chairman of Saradha Group which has gone bust after allegedly defrauding thousands of small investors, will be produced in court on Thursday at the end of 14 days police remand.
"The 14 days police custody of Sudipta Sen and Debjani Mukherjee (director) has been more or less fruitful. We have got much valuable information from them," Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) Arnab Ghosh said.
Ghosh declined to reveal whether the police will seek further police custody of Sen and Mukherjee.
"I can`t divulge it as of now," Ghosh said. Sen, Mukherjee and another Saradha official, Arvind Singh Chouhan, were arrested from Sonamarg in Kashmir valley on April 24 while they were on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!