Chit fund scam: Sudipta Sen to be produced in court tomorrow
Kolkata: Sudipta Sen, chairman of Saradha Group which has gone bust after allegedly defrauding thousands of small investors, will be produced in court on Thursday at the end of 14 days police remand.
"The 14 days police custody of Sudipta Sen and Debjani Mukherjee (director) has been more or less fruitful. We have got much valuable information from them," Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) Arnab Ghosh said.
Ghosh declined to reveal whether the police will seek further police custody of Sen and Mukherjee.
"I can`t divulge it as of now," Ghosh said. Sen, Mukherjee and another Saradha official, Arvind Singh Chouhan, were arrested from Sonamarg in Kashmir valley on April 24 while they were on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read