Chit fund scam: Sudipta Sen to be produced in court tomorrow
Kolkata: Sudipta Sen, chairman of Saradha Group which has gone bust after allegedly defrauding thousands of small investors, will be produced in court on Thursday at the end of 14 days police remand.
"The 14 days police custody of Sudipta Sen and Debjani Mukherjee (director) has been more or less fruitful. We have got much valuable information from them," Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) Arnab Ghosh said.
Ghosh declined to reveal whether the police will seek further police custody of Sen and Mukherjee.
"I can`t divulge it as of now," Ghosh said. Sen, Mukherjee and another Saradha official, Arvind Singh Chouhan, were arrested from Sonamarg in Kashmir valley on April 24 while they were on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi