Chit fund scam: Sudipta Sen to be produced in court tomorrow
Kolkata: Sudipta Sen, chairman of Saradha Group which has gone bust after allegedly defrauding thousands of small investors, will be produced in court on Thursday at the end of 14 days police remand.
"The 14 days police custody of Sudipta Sen and Debjani Mukherjee (director) has been more or less fruitful. We have got much valuable information from them," Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) Arnab Ghosh said.
Ghosh declined to reveal whether the police will seek further police custody of Sen and Mukherjee.
"I can`t divulge it as of now," Ghosh said. Sen, Mukherjee and another Saradha official, Arvind Singh Chouhan, were arrested from Sonamarg in Kashmir valley on April 24 while they were on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city