Chit fund scam: Sudipta Sen’s cars, buildings seized
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: In the wake of the protests by duped investors of the Saradha Group, the West Bengal government on Wednesday froze 35 bank accounts of the company.
Cracking down on the Saradha Group in the chit fund scam, the West Bengal government has also seized 36 cars belonging to Saradha Group chairman and managing director Sudipta Sen and his company. Also, four office buildings in and around Kolkata belonging to the Saradha Group have also been confiscated.
The West Bengal government-appointed judicial commission will start receiving complaints of investors from Monday.
In the meantime, a Jammu and Kashmir court today gave the West Bengal police a four-day transit remand of Sen and two other accused in the multi-crore-rupee chit fund scam.
The three accused were detained on Tuesday by the Kashmir police in Sonamarg tourist resort in Ganderbal district after receiving information from Bengal investigators.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India has directed Saradha Realty India Ltd and Sudipta Sen to wind up its existing collective investment schemes and refund the money collected with returns which are due to the investors within three months as it had contravened SEBI provisions by launching such schemes without its permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31