Chit-fund scam: Sudipto Sen had plans to go to Leh, says police
Kolkata: Owner of busted Saradha Group Sudipto Sen and his two accomplices had plans to go to Leh for a brief stay till the dust settled in West Bengal before beginning their operations afresh, police officials said on Saturday.
"During the course of interrogating the three, we have come to find that their escape route was to the north and ultimately to Leh in Ladakh believing that the West Bengal police will not be able to track them in the hilly terrain," Deputy Commissioner of Bidhannagar City Police Arnab Ghosh told reporters here.
for a brief stay there, he said.
He said that after staying at Leh, they had planned to shift to western India and again start raising funds to meet the dues of investors in West Bengal.
Ghosh said that they, however, would not have been able to cross the border as the police had already issued look out notices across the country.
He said that the police were examining the profiles of those using the Saradha software for entering the group`s IT system and the modus operandi of their functioning.
Sen along with Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Chauhan were arrested by J&K police on April 23 from Sonamarg.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living