Chit-fund scam: Sudipto Sen had plans to go to Leh, says police
Kolkata: Owner of busted Saradha Group Sudipto Sen and his two accomplices had plans to go to Leh for a brief stay till the dust settled in West Bengal before beginning their operations afresh, police officials said on Saturday.
"During the course of interrogating the three, we have come to find that their escape route was to the north and ultimately to Leh in Ladakh believing that the West Bengal police will not be able to track them in the hilly terrain," Deputy Commissioner of Bidhannagar City Police Arnab Ghosh told reporters here.
for a brief stay there, he said.
He said that after staying at Leh, they had planned to shift to western India and again start raising funds to meet the dues of investors in West Bengal.
Ghosh said that they, however, would not have been able to cross the border as the police had already issued look out notices across the country.
He said that the police were examining the profiles of those using the Saradha software for entering the group`s IT system and the modus operandi of their functioning.
Sen along with Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Chauhan were arrested by J&K police on April 23 from Sonamarg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city