Chit-fund scam: Sudipto Sen had plans to go to Leh, says police
Kolkata: Owner of busted Saradha Group Sudipto Sen and his two accomplices had plans to go to Leh for a brief stay till the dust settled in West Bengal before beginning their operations afresh, police officials said on Saturday.
"During the course of interrogating the three, we have come to find that their escape route was to the north and ultimately to Leh in Ladakh believing that the West Bengal police will not be able to track them in the hilly terrain," Deputy Commissioner of Bidhannagar City Police Arnab Ghosh told reporters here.
for a brief stay there, he said.
He said that after staying at Leh, they had planned to shift to western India and again start raising funds to meet the dues of investors in West Bengal.
Ghosh said that they, however, would not have been able to cross the border as the police had already issued look out notices across the country.
He said that the police were examining the profiles of those using the Saradha software for entering the group`s IT system and the modus operandi of their functioning.
Sen along with Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Chauhan were arrested by J&K police on April 23 from Sonamarg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...