Chit fund scam: TMC ridicules Buddhadeb`s call for CBI inquiry
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress on Monday ridiculed CPI(M) leader Buddhadeb Bhattacherjee`s call for a CBI inquiry into the Saradha scam saying he did not want a probe by the investigating agency into the Nandigram and Netai killings when he was chief minister of the state.
"Have you (Bhattacharjee) forgotten Nandigram, Singur and Netai (in Lalgarh)? Now you realise that CBI makes an impartial enquiry. You did not think so during the Nandigram and Netai massacres," TMC secretary-general Partha Chatterjee told reporters.
Bhattacharjee had yesterday accused Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of trying to drag his name into the Saradha scandal by spreading lies and had said that only a CBI inquiry would unravel the truth.
Chatterjee, who is also the West Bengal minister for commerce and industry, said out of 73 chitfund companies, a list of which was given by Union Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot 26 had started working in West Bengal when Bhattacherjee was the chief minister.
"The harm caused by you (Bhattacharjee) will never be forgotten. The more the people of Nandigram, Singur and Netai see your face, the more your party will lose," he said in a dig at Bhattacharjee.
On CBI probe, he said "I am not casting aspersions on anybody. But it is said that changes were made in the Coalgate draft report."
"If we commit any wrong we will go to the people and tell," he said.
Chatterjee claimed that CPI(M) was issuing threats to police and administration saying it was keeping their officers` files ready before it (Left) comes to power again. "CPI-M have their files ready, but after we came to power we found we found many government files were missing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof