Chit fund scam: Youth Congress protest outside court
Kolkata: Hundreds of Youth Congress workers on Thursday demonstrated outside the SDJM court at Bidhannagar where Saradha chitfund scam accused Sudipto Sen and two other company officials were produced.
Holding placards, the YC activists demanded strict punishment for Sen.
They also accused the Mamata Banerjee government of having links with the Saradha group and demanded action against TMC MPs whose names figured in the scam.
Police swung into action and removed the YC activists and cordoned off the area.
The YC alleged that the police lathicharged a peaceful protest.
Police and RAF personnel were deployed in strength outside the court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!