Chit fund scam: Youth Congress protest outside court
Kolkata: Hundreds of Youth Congress workers on Thursday demonstrated outside the SDJM court at Bidhannagar where Saradha chitfund scam accused Sudipto Sen and two other company officials were produced.
Holding placards, the YC activists demanded strict punishment for Sen.
They also accused the Mamata Banerjee government of having links with the Saradha group and demanded action against TMC MPs whose names figured in the scam.
Police swung into action and removed the YC activists and cordoned off the area.
The YC alleged that the police lathicharged a peaceful protest.
Police and RAF personnel were deployed in strength outside the court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq