Chit fund scam: Youth Congress protest outside court
Kolkata: Hundreds of Youth Congress workers on Thursday demonstrated outside the SDJM court at Bidhannagar where Saradha chitfund scam accused Sudipto Sen and two other company officials were produced.
Holding placards, the YC activists demanded strict punishment for Sen.
They also accused the Mamata Banerjee government of having links with the Saradha group and demanded action against TMC MPs whose names figured in the scam.
Police swung into action and removed the YC activists and cordoned off the area.
The YC alleged that the police lathicharged a peaceful protest.
Police and RAF personnel were deployed in strength outside the court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP