Chit fund scam: Youth Congress protest outside court
Kolkata: Hundreds of Youth Congress workers on Thursday demonstrated outside the SDJM court at Bidhannagar where Saradha chitfund scam accused Sudipto Sen and two other company officials were produced.
Holding placards, the YC activists demanded strict punishment for Sen.
They also accused the Mamata Banerjee government of having links with the Saradha group and demanded action against TMC MPs whose names figured in the scam.
Police swung into action and removed the YC activists and cordoned off the area.
The YC alleged that the police lathicharged a peaceful protest.
Police and RAF personnel were deployed in strength outside the court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport