Chit fund scam: Youth Congress protest outside court
Kolkata: Hundreds of Youth Congress workers on Thursday demonstrated outside the SDJM court at Bidhannagar where Saradha chitfund scam accused Sudipto Sen and two other company officials were produced.
Holding placards, the YC activists demanded strict punishment for Sen.
They also accused the Mamata Banerjee government of having links with the Saradha group and demanded action against TMC MPs whose names figured in the scam.
Police swung into action and removed the YC activists and cordoned off the area.
The YC alleged that the police lathicharged a peaceful protest.
Police and RAF personnel were deployed in strength outside the court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales
- Never revealed the name of Burari rape victim: DCW chief
- Why Dalits from Tamil Nadu's Karur are threatening to convert to Islam
- 'Dragon' is coming soon! Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor ready to roll