Chowdhury opens Rampurhat-Pinargaria rail link
Rampurhat (WB): Inaugurating the Rampurhat-Pinargaria rail line here, Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury Sunday said this was an important day for West Bengal and neighbouring Jharkhand.
"This is a significant day for our two states. A stretch of 18.97 km has been completed in the first phase with the opening of Rampurhat-Pinargaria phase, which is part of the Rampurhat-Dumka rail project," Chowdhury said at a function here.
Once the whole Rampurhat-Dumka line is opened up finally, it will open the Tarapith-Dumka tourism circuit and help people of both states, Chowdhury said.
JMM MP and former Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren said "we the two states have been sharing excellent ties. And the rail link will only bolster the relations."
Pointing out the financial situation of the railways was not very good, Chowdhury said "but there can be no compromise on safety-security-service fronts."
Asked why rail safety and security measures were not yet completed, Chowdhury said it was already in progress in big stations and this was a continued process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?