Chowdhury opens Rampurhat-Pinargaria rail link
Rampurhat (WB): Inaugurating the Rampurhat-Pinargaria rail line here, Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury Sunday said this was an important day for West Bengal and neighbouring Jharkhand.
"This is a significant day for our two states. A stretch of 18.97 km has been completed in the first phase with the opening of Rampurhat-Pinargaria phase, which is part of the Rampurhat-Dumka rail project," Chowdhury said at a function here.
Once the whole Rampurhat-Dumka line is opened up finally, it will open the Tarapith-Dumka tourism circuit and help people of both states, Chowdhury said.
JMM MP and former Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren said "we the two states have been sharing excellent ties. And the rail link will only bolster the relations."
Pointing out the financial situation of the railways was not very good, Chowdhury said "but there can be no compromise on safety-security-service fronts."
Asked why rail safety and security measures were not yet completed, Chowdhury said it was already in progress in big stations and this was a continued process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray