Chowdhury opens Rampurhat-Pinargaria rail link
Rampurhat (WB): Inaugurating the Rampurhat-Pinargaria rail line here, Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury Sunday said this was an important day for West Bengal and neighbouring Jharkhand.
"This is a significant day for our two states. A stretch of 18.97 km has been completed in the first phase with the opening of Rampurhat-Pinargaria phase, which is part of the Rampurhat-Dumka rail project," Chowdhury said at a function here.
Once the whole Rampurhat-Dumka line is opened up finally, it will open the Tarapith-Dumka tourism circuit and help people of both states, Chowdhury said.
JMM MP and former Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren said "we the two states have been sharing excellent ties. And the rail link will only bolster the relations."
Pointing out the financial situation of the railways was not very good, Chowdhury said "but there can be no compromise on safety-security-service fronts."
Asked why rail safety and security measures were not yet completed, Chowdhury said it was already in progress in big stations and this was a continued process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!