CID suspects kidney racket in Hooghly home
Burdwan: After a skeleton and human bones were dug out from the bank of a river in Burdwan district, CID officials on Wednesday said they are investigating whether the deceased were victims of a kidney racket.
"We are investigating whether the accused were part of some kidney racket or not as the victims were buried outside without doing any formalities," CID officials investigating the case said.
To find out the reason of their death, a post mortem examination is already going on in Burdwan Medical College.
An arrested ambulance driver of a women`s home at Gurap in Hooghly, where a dumb woman Gudiya had died on July 1, led a CID team during the day to the bank of Damodar river in Burdwan, where the bones were dug up, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends