CID suspects kidney racket in Hooghly home
Burdwan: After a skeleton and human bones were dug out from the bank of a river in Burdwan district, CID officials on Wednesday said they are investigating whether the deceased were victims of a kidney racket.
"We are investigating whether the accused were part of some kidney racket or not as the victims were buried outside without doing any formalities," CID officials investigating the case said.
To find out the reason of their death, a post mortem examination is already going on in Burdwan Medical College.
An arrested ambulance driver of a women`s home at Gurap in Hooghly, where a dumb woman Gudiya had died on July 1, led a CID team during the day to the bank of Damodar river in Burdwan, where the bones were dug up, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'