CJ forms panel to review Calcutta HC security
Kolkata: Calcutta High Court Chief
Justice J N Patel on Tuesday formed a 19-member committee to review
the security of the high court premises in view of the recent
terror attack outside Delhi High Court.
The committee includes seven judges of the high court,
the Advocate General, government pleader, public prosecutor,
representatives of the Bar Association, Bar Library Club,
Incorporated Law Society, Kolkata Police Commissioner and
other senior officers of different government departments.
Members of the committee went around the premises and
surrounding areas in the evening to make an on the spot
assessment of the security systems.
It is also required to have an alternative arrangement
for parking of cars of advocates, which was termed as a
security issue by the police.
The chief justice had last week held a meeting with
Director General of Police N Mukherjee, Commissioner of Police
R K Pachnanda and Advocate General Anindya Mitra to discuss
the security issue following an MHA directive to 21 high
courts to beef up security following the Delhi High Court
attack that claimed 13 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof