Class III student dies after teacher smashes his head on wall
Canning: A nine-year-old student, whose teacher had dashed his head on wall for not doing his lessons, has died of injuries in hospital.
The class III student, Bapi Joardar, of Nirdheshkhali Shishu Shiksha Kendra in South 24 Parganas district had his head dashed against a wall by lady teacher Champa Mondal on April 15 for not doing his lessons, police sources said today.
The injured student was admitted to a hospital here from where he was referred to the National Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata where he died last night, the sources said.
The teacher, who was in her early thirties and was with the school for about 3 to 4 years, was arrested today, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon