CM Buddha questions source of Trinamool`s election funds
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday questioned the source of the
"huge amount of money" the Trinamool Congress has been
spending in its election campaign and said that the Election
Commission has been informed of this.
"The party chief (Mamata Banerjee) speaks of `ma,
mati, manush` (mother, land, people), but uses black money to
spend in the election campaign. This is amazing,"
Bhattacharjee told a CPI-M election rally in the industrial
belt of Bhatpara in North 24-Parganas district.
Making his oft-repeated charge that the Trinamool
Congress has been "banking heavily on black money" to fund its
election campaign, the chief minister said, "It is surprising
the huge amount of money this party has been spending."
Alleged use of black money dominated the poll
campaigns of both the ruling CPI-M and the main Opposition
Trinamool Congress in different election rallies in the state.
Trinamool Congress today alleged that CPI-M MP
Ramchandra Dom was caught by villagers at Mohammadbazar
village under Sainthia constituency in Birbhum district while
he was "distributing sheaves of money" among voters.
"We demand an inquiry by the Election Commission into
the use of money power by the CPI-M MP in Birbhum district.
We also question the source of fund of the CPI-M which has
been using black money," Trinamool MP Kalyan Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka