CM Buddha questions source of Trinamool`s election funds
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday questioned the source of the
"huge amount of money" the Trinamool Congress has been
spending in its election campaign and said that the Election
Commission has been informed of this.
"The party chief (Mamata Banerjee) speaks of `ma,
mati, manush` (mother, land, people), but uses black money to
spend in the election campaign. This is amazing,"
Bhattacharjee told a CPI-M election rally in the industrial
belt of Bhatpara in North 24-Parganas district.
Making his oft-repeated charge that the Trinamool
Congress has been "banking heavily on black money" to fund its
election campaign, the chief minister said, "It is surprising
the huge amount of money this party has been spending."
Alleged use of black money dominated the poll
campaigns of both the ruling CPI-M and the main Opposition
Trinamool Congress in different election rallies in the state.
Trinamool Congress today alleged that CPI-M MP
Ramchandra Dom was caught by villagers at Mohammadbazar
village under Sainthia constituency in Birbhum district while
he was "distributing sheaves of money" among voters.
"We demand an inquiry by the Election Commission into
the use of money power by the CPI-M MP in Birbhum district.
We also question the source of fund of the CPI-M which has
been using black money," Trinamool MP Kalyan Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi