CM has become intolerant to criticism: Biman Bose
Kamarhati (WB): Left front Chairman Biman Bose Wednesday said West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has become intolerant to criticism.
"She has become intolerant to any criticism. She is not listening to anyone`s words. This does not augur well for a democracy," Bose said at a CPI(M) youth wing meeting here, in the outskirts of Kolkata.
"Her senior party leaders are also saying this now. But we had been stating the same thing for quite some time," Bose said referring to the recent comments by disgruntled minister Rabindranath Bhattacharya.
Bhattacharya, who is adamant in not taking over the new portfolio of Statistics and Programme Implementation after being shunted from agriculture, said he had earlier during his tenure as agriculture minister initiated steps and ordered probe in many cases of corruption.
The cabinet shuffle indicated that the party has a dim view of his performance, Bhattacharya maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre