CM has become intolerant to criticism: Biman Bose
Kamarhati (WB): Left front Chairman Biman Bose Wednesday said West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has become intolerant to criticism.
"She has become intolerant to any criticism. She is not listening to anyone`s words. This does not augur well for a democracy," Bose said at a CPI(M) youth wing meeting here, in the outskirts of Kolkata.
"Her senior party leaders are also saying this now. But we had been stating the same thing for quite some time," Bose said referring to the recent comments by disgruntled minister Rabindranath Bhattacharya.
Bhattacharya, who is adamant in not taking over the new portfolio of Statistics and Programme Implementation after being shunted from agriculture, said he had earlier during his tenure as agriculture minister initiated steps and ordered probe in many cases of corruption.
The cabinet shuffle indicated that the party has a dim view of his performance, Bhattacharya maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler