CM has become intolerant to criticism: Biman Bose
Kamarhati (WB): Left front Chairman Biman Bose Wednesday said West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has become intolerant to criticism.
"She has become intolerant to any criticism. She is not listening to anyone`s words. This does not augur well for a democracy," Bose said at a CPI(M) youth wing meeting here, in the outskirts of Kolkata.
"Her senior party leaders are also saying this now. But we had been stating the same thing for quite some time," Bose said referring to the recent comments by disgruntled minister Rabindranath Bhattacharya.
Bhattacharya, who is adamant in not taking over the new portfolio of Statistics and Programme Implementation after being shunted from agriculture, said he had earlier during his tenure as agriculture minister initiated steps and ordered probe in many cases of corruption.
The cabinet shuffle indicated that the party has a dim view of his performance, Bhattacharya maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections