Coal mafia arrested
Burdwan: An alleged coal mafia, Rakesh Singh, has been arrested from near a school at Durgapur, the police said on Sunday.
"Acting on a tip-off, the police arrested Singh from near a school last night. Eight firearms, 48 rounds of ammunition and 41 packets of ganja were seized from him," Deputy Police Commissioner of Durgapur Subhankar Singha Sarkar said.
Singh was wanted in connection with a number of dacoity in the industrial town, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE