Coldest day for Kolkata
Kolkata: Kolkata on Saturday recorded the coldest day of the season with the mercury dipping to 12.7 degrees C.
The city had recorded a low of 15.6 deg C yesterday.
The MeT office said the temperature would go down a `little more` over the next 24 hours as the northwestern winds were blowing at 10-15 km per hour.
"The temperature is likely to be close to 12 degrees C in the next 24 hours but from next day inch up by one or two degrees," it said.
With temperature dipping in the weekend, people came out of their homes to enjoy the bright sun.
Large crowds were seen at Alipure zoo, Nicco Park, Eco Park Rajarhat and various picnic spots in and around city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"