Coldest day for Kolkata
Kolkata: Kolkata on Saturday recorded the coldest day of the season with the mercury dipping to 12.7 degrees C.
The city had recorded a low of 15.6 deg C yesterday.
The MeT office said the temperature would go down a `little more` over the next 24 hours as the northwestern winds were blowing at 10-15 km per hour.
"The temperature is likely to be close to 12 degrees C in the next 24 hours but from next day inch up by one or two degrees," it said.
With temperature dipping in the weekend, people came out of their homes to enjoy the bright sun.
Large crowds were seen at Alipure zoo, Nicco Park, Eco Park Rajarhat and various picnic spots in and around city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog