College girl`s obscene MMS in circulation, one held in WB
Burdwan: A college student was on Saturday arrested from Bhatar of Burdwan district on the charge of circulating an obscene MMS involving a college girl of the same area, the police said.
Jagannath Ghosh, third year student of Chandrapur College in Manteswar, was arrested from his Kachgaria village home this morning.
The sources said the MMS was being circulated through mobile phones and computer shops in Bhatar area for sometime and the girl`s father came to know of it.
After seeing the MMS, he suspected that the girl in it was his daughter and questioned her. She claimed her image was morphed with another woman`s picture to create the MMS.
The girl`s father then lodged a complaint with Bhatar police station yesterday.
The girl, a 1st year student of the MUC Women`s College here, and the arrested used to go to the same teacher for private tuition, the sources said.
Ghosh, who was arrested as the MMS was found in his mobile phone, was remanded to five days of police custody by Burdwan Chief Judicial Magistrate Salim Ahmed Ansari.
The police would question him to know the source of the MMS, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections