College violence: Guv slams Mamta for sacking police chief
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan has slammed the state’s Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for removing Kolkata Police Commissioner over his department’s handling of political clashes at a city college in which a cop was killed on Tuesday.
Reports, Friday, said that Governor Narayanan has even questioned the rationale behind the sacking of Kolkata Police Commissioner RK Pachanda by the Chief Minister.
It is believed that the Kolkata police chief was sacked by the Chief Minister since he visited the family of the Sub-Inspector, who was killed during the clashes between the TMC and Congress workers at the Hari Mohan Ghosh College, ahead of her.
The sub-inspector was killed when he was trying to pacify the agitated workers of the two parties, who were locked in a heated verbal dual on the last day of filing nominations for student’s union election.
Several other students were also injured in the incident, which later triggered a blame game between the ruling Trinamool Congress and the opposition parties including, Left front and Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you