College violence: Guv slams Mamta for sacking police chief
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan has slammed the state’s Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for removing Kolkata Police Commissioner over his department’s handling of political clashes at a city college in which a cop was killed on Tuesday.
Reports, Friday, said that Governor Narayanan has even questioned the rationale behind the sacking of Kolkata Police Commissioner RK Pachanda by the Chief Minister.
It is believed that the Kolkata police chief was sacked by the Chief Minister since he visited the family of the Sub-Inspector, who was killed during the clashes between the TMC and Congress workers at the Hari Mohan Ghosh College, ahead of her.
The sub-inspector was killed when he was trying to pacify the agitated workers of the two parties, who were locked in a heated verbal dual on the last day of filing nominations for student’s union election.
Several other students were also injured in the incident, which later triggered a blame game between the ruling Trinamool Congress and the opposition parties including, Left front and Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter