Commonwealth Queen`s Baton reaches Siliguri
Siliguri: The torch of Commonwealth
Games 2010, popularly known as Queen`s Baton, has arrives here
today from Darjeeling.
It was handed over to Arjun Awardee table tennis
player Mantu Ghosh by district magistrate Surendra Gupta in a
The baton will remain here for a day before being
taken to Kolkata tomorrow.
Hundreds of students participated in the torch rally
in the town and a cultural ceremony would be held in
Kanchenjunga stadium later in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'