Communists are conspiring against the railways: Mamata
Kolkata: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday alleged that West Bengal`s ruling Communists are "conspiring" against the Indian Railways and said "they will be responsible if any accident occurred".
"The CPI-M is constantly conspiring against the railways. If any accident takes place in the railways, they (CPI-M) will be solely responsible for that," Banerjee told reporters here before leaving for national capital.
Banerjee`s comment followed a railway track blockade staged by Communist Party of India (CPI), one of the constituents of the ruling Left Front (LF) in the state.
CPI MP from Midnapore constituency Prabodh Panda spearheaded the agitation, obstructing the railway movement for more than an hour.
According to a South Eastern Railway (SER) official, the agitators staged an hour-long blockade at West Midnapur district`s Narayangarh station, between Kharagpur and Balasore divisions.
"It caused disruption in the railway movement for more than one hour. The protesters demanded stoppages for Howrah-Puri and Howrah-Kurla Express, and Howrah-Jagannath Express at Narayangarh railway station," SER spokesperson explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez