Communists are conspiring against the railways: Mamata
Kolkata: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday alleged that West Bengal`s ruling Communists are "conspiring" against the Indian Railways and said "they will be responsible if any accident occurred".
"The CPI-M is constantly conspiring against the railways. If any accident takes place in the railways, they (CPI-M) will be solely responsible for that," Banerjee told reporters here before leaving for national capital.
Banerjee`s comment followed a railway track blockade staged by Communist Party of India (CPI), one of the constituents of the ruling Left Front (LF) in the state.
CPI MP from Midnapore constituency Prabodh Panda spearheaded the agitation, obstructing the railway movement for more than an hour.
According to a South Eastern Railway (SER) official, the agitators staged an hour-long blockade at West Midnapur district`s Narayangarh station, between Kharagpur and Balasore divisions.
"It caused disruption in the railway movement for more than one hour. The protesters demanded stoppages for Howrah-Puri and Howrah-Kurla Express, and Howrah-Jagannath Express at Narayangarh railway station," SER spokesperson explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites