Communists are conspiring against the railways: Mamata
Kolkata: Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee on Sunday alleged that West Bengal`s ruling Communists are "conspiring" against the Indian Railways and said "they will be responsible if any accident occurred".
"The CPI-M is constantly conspiring against the railways. If any accident takes place in the railways, they (CPI-M) will be solely responsible for that," Banerjee told reporters here before leaving for national capital.
Banerjee`s comment followed a railway track blockade staged by Communist Party of India (CPI), one of the constituents of the ruling Left Front (LF) in the state.
CPI MP from Midnapore constituency Prabodh Panda spearheaded the agitation, obstructing the railway movement for more than an hour.
According to a South Eastern Railway (SER) official, the agitators staged an hour-long blockade at West Midnapur district`s Narayangarh station, between Kharagpur and Balasore divisions.
"It caused disruption in the railway movement for more than one hour. The protesters demanded stoppages for Howrah-Puri and Howrah-Kurla Express, and Howrah-Jagannath Express at Narayangarh railway station," SER spokesperson explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets