Computer engineer goes missing in Burdwan
Burdwan (WB): A 47-year-old computer engineer has gone missing from Tuesday from Salanpur area of Burdwan district, the police said on Friday.
On Tuesday Kanchan Garai, a hardware engineer employed in a private firm at Burnpur, had been dropped as usual by company car at Bhagat Singh More from where he used to take a public transport home in Rupnarayanpur.
Since then, all his three mobile phones were switched off and he did not return home, the sources said.
Garai`s wife lodged a missing diary with the police the next day.
His family members met Additional Commissioner of Police Subrata Gangopadhyay to know the status of the probe.
Gangopadhyay said investigation was on but no breakthrough was achieved yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list