Cong accuses TMC of ushering in reign of terror
Kolkata: Accusing Trinamool Congress of ushering in a reign of terror before panchayat polls, state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharjee on Wednesday charged the state government with total non-cooperation with the State Election Commission.
"Ten workers of our party have already died. Several are seriously injured. The Trinamool has ushered in a reign of terror in Bengal before panchayat polls so that opposition parties can`t contest the polls," Bhattacharjee said while addressing a media conference.
"The state government is not cooperating with the SEC. It is creating hurdles so that free and fair elections cannot be held. We want free and fair panchayat polls in the state," he said.
Bhattacharjee also released the panchayat election manifesto of Congress and in it, the party lambasted the Trinamool regime for failing on all fronts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country