Cong accuses TMC of ushering in reign of terror
Kolkata: Accusing Trinamool Congress of ushering in a reign of terror before panchayat polls, state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharjee on Wednesday charged the state government with total non-cooperation with the State Election Commission.
"Ten workers of our party have already died. Several are seriously injured. The Trinamool has ushered in a reign of terror in Bengal before panchayat polls so that opposition parties can`t contest the polls," Bhattacharjee said while addressing a media conference.
"The state government is not cooperating with the SEC. It is creating hurdles so that free and fair elections cannot be held. We want free and fair panchayat polls in the state," he said.
Bhattacharjee also released the panchayat election manifesto of Congress and in it, the party lambasted the Trinamool regime for failing on all fronts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended