Cong accuses TMC of ushering in reign of terror
Kolkata: Accusing Trinamool Congress of ushering in a reign of terror before panchayat polls, state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharjee on Wednesday charged the state government with total non-cooperation with the State Election Commission.
"Ten workers of our party have already died. Several are seriously injured. The Trinamool has ushered in a reign of terror in Bengal before panchayat polls so that opposition parties can`t contest the polls," Bhattacharjee said while addressing a media conference.
"The state government is not cooperating with the SEC. It is creating hurdles so that free and fair elections cannot be held. We want free and fair panchayat polls in the state," he said.
Bhattacharjee also released the panchayat election manifesto of Congress and in it, the party lambasted the Trinamool regime for failing on all fronts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees