Cong asks Chidambaram to do more on illegal arms` hunt in WB
Kolkata: The Congress on Wednesday asked Union
Home minister P Chidambaram for greater coordination between
law enforcing agencies of the central and state governments to
recover illegal arms in West Bengal.
State Congress General Secretary Omprakash in a letter
to Chidambaram said the Congress and the Trinamool Congress
have appealed for restoring peace and Governor M K Narayanan
has instructed state administration to accelerate the drive to
flush out illegal arms and book culprits.
The administration, he said, has swung into action,
but the arms seized so far were only a "fraction of the
accumulated stockpile" in some districts.
Stating the WBPCC has repeatedly stated that illegal
arms were being used by the CPI-M, he said: "The quantity of
arms seized by the police is proof of our charge."
Firearms and bombs were seized from two CPI(M) party
offices by security forces during searches today, while three
skeletons were dug up by villagers in the hunt for illegal
arms in West Bengal.
Chidambaram during his visit to Agartala yesterday
expressed concern over the post-poll violence in West Bengal
and asked the Governor to take all measures to stop it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!