Cong block president shot dead in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Congress block president was shot dead by unidentified men in West Bengal`s South 24 Parganas district on Sunday, police said.
Abdus Sammad Mondal (75), the Congress` Basanti block president was shot dead by 10-12 miscreants in Simultala village, about 90 kms from here, they said.
Congress party sources alleged that Mondal was shot dead by CPI(M) cadres.
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee had yesterday addressed a public meeting about 1 km away from Mondal`s house where he had called upon all political parties to exercise restrain.
West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee president Manas Bhunia and other senior party leaders today visited Mondal`s house to console his family.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative