Cong block president shot dead in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Congress block president was shot dead by unidentified men in West Bengal`s South 24 Parganas district on Sunday, police said.
Abdus Sammad Mondal (75), the Congress` Basanti block president was shot dead by 10-12 miscreants in Simultala village, about 90 kms from here, they said.
Congress party sources alleged that Mondal was shot dead by CPI(M) cadres.
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee had yesterday addressed a public meeting about 1 km away from Mondal`s house where he had called upon all political parties to exercise restrain.
West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee president Manas Bhunia and other senior party leaders today visited Mondal`s house to console his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand