Cong for central intervention in Bengal law and order
Suri (WB): WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya Tuesday demanded immediate intervention of the Centre to control the "wretched condition of law and order" in West Bengal.
Addressing a press conference here, Bhattacharya said the violent incident that took place in Kolkata today was due to "negligence of police as they could not control the situation and act neutrally".
"This incident indicates how wretched the condition of law and order is in this state and thus we demand immediate intervention of the centre.
Party leader Shakil Ahmed who was accompanying Bhattacharya for the Naihati by election campaign also expressed concern over the deteriorating law and order situation in the state, which he described as ""very grave".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!