Cong for central intervention in WB law and order
Suri (WB): WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya Tuesday demanded immediate intervention of the Centre to control the "wretched condition of law and order" in West Bengal.
Addressing a press conference here, Bhattacharya said the violent incident that took place in Kolkata today was due to "negligence of police as they could not control the situation and act neutrally".
"This incident indicates how wretched the condition of law and order is in this state and thus we demand immediate intervention of the centre.
Party leader Shakil Ahmed who was accompanying Bhattacharya for the Naihati by election campaign also expressed concern over the deteriorating law and order situation in the state which he described as ""very grave".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug