Cong for Guv`s intervention to check worsening law and order in WB
Kolkata: Accusing the West Bengal government of trying to establish autocracy, WBPCC chief Pradip Bhattacharjee on Tuesday sought Governor MK Narayanan`s intervention to check "worsening" law and order.
"The Mamata Banerjee government is trying to establish autocracy in the state. The police are acting only after seeing the party colour. The law and order situation is deteriorating with every passing day," Bhattacharjee said after submitting a memorandum to Narayanan.
Bhattacharjee said that his party appealed to Narayanan to intervene to arrest the deteriorating law and order situation.
"We have appealed to the Governor, that as constitutional head of the state he should intervene to arrest the deteriorating law and order situation and ensure that the state and police administration function within the constitutional framework," he said.
Bhattacharjee said the Governor assured him of taking action within his authority.
Congress, which came a distant second in the 12 municipal body elections across the state, alleged that the Trinamool had ushered in a reign of terror in all municipalities and ensured that the opposition could not function.
The ruling Trinamool Congress registered a resounding victory in the civic polls by winning eight of the 12 municipal bodies across the state, barely two months after consolidating its position in the panchayat polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?