Cong has not taken political VRS in WB: Ramesh
Midnapore (WB): A day after West Bengal
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee slammed ally Congress for
taking out an anti-government rally, senior Congress leader
Jairam Ramesh on Saturday said his party had not taken `political
VRS` and had a right to do so in the state.
"We have not taken political VRS in West Bengal or
taken any vow that we will not bring out any procession. This
is part of the political process," Ramesh, the Union Rural
Development minister, told reporters at Lalgarh in West
"Congress and Trinamool Congress belong to one family
and it is the right of all to take out political processions.
There is nothing wrong in it," Ramesh said when asked to
comment on the chief minister taking umbrage at the Youth
Congress rally in Kolkata.
"I don`t find anything wrong that can spark a row,"
Ramesh, who visited villages to supervise implementation of
the central Integrated Action Plan Aid scheme in junglemahal,
Congress MPs Mousam Benazir Noor and Deepa Dasmunshi
had led a silent procession through Banerjee`s assembly
segment in the metropolis yesterday against attacks on
Congressmen and police inaction.
Banerjee`s assembly segment is part of the Kolkata
South Lok Sabha seat where a bypoll will be held on November
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India