Cong MP Deepa Dasmunshi slams Mamata
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader from West Bengal Deepa Dasmunshi today slammed Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her comments against the judiciary, saying the remarks are not good for the society and the people.
"I am criticising that...To me it`s not good for the society and for the people," Dasmunshi told reporters outside Parliament.
Noting that the country and the society rests on three pillars of democracy - legislature, executive and judiciary, she said, "If one criticises the another, then obviously there is a problem in the society and it breaks.
"If somebody on her own, a chief minister who is the administrative head of the state, is saying or putting blame on judiciary, obviously it will make a lot of difference in Bengal and in the country," she said.
Dasmunshi`s comments came as a section of lawyers today moved the Calcutta High Court seeking suo motu contempt proceedings against the West Bengal Chief Minister.
Banerjee had commented during a function in the state Assembly that there were instances when court judgements had been delivered for money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!