Cong MP Deepa Dasmunshi slams Mamata
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader from West Bengal Deepa Dasmunshi today slammed Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her comments against the judiciary, saying the remarks are not good for the society and the people.
"I am criticising that...To me it`s not good for the society and for the people," Dasmunshi told reporters outside Parliament.
Noting that the country and the society rests on three pillars of democracy - legislature, executive and judiciary, she said, "If one criticises the another, then obviously there is a problem in the society and it breaks.
"If somebody on her own, a chief minister who is the administrative head of the state, is saying or putting blame on judiciary, obviously it will make a lot of difference in Bengal and in the country," she said.
Dasmunshi`s comments came as a section of lawyers today moved the Calcutta High Court seeking suo motu contempt proceedings against the West Bengal Chief Minister.
Banerjee had commented during a function in the state Assembly that there were instances when court judgements had been delivered for money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange