Cong MP Deepa Dasmunshi slams Mamata
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader from West Bengal Deepa Dasmunshi today slammed Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her comments against the judiciary, saying the remarks are not good for the society and the people.
"I am criticising that...To me it`s not good for the society and for the people," Dasmunshi told reporters outside Parliament.
Noting that the country and the society rests on three pillars of democracy - legislature, executive and judiciary, she said, "If one criticises the another, then obviously there is a problem in the society and it breaks.
"If somebody on her own, a chief minister who is the administrative head of the state, is saying or putting blame on judiciary, obviously it will make a lot of difference in Bengal and in the country," she said.
Dasmunshi`s comments came as a section of lawyers today moved the Calcutta High Court seeking suo motu contempt proceedings against the West Bengal Chief Minister.
Banerjee had commented during a function in the state Assembly that there were instances when court judgements had been delivered for money.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times