Cong out to divide Bengal: Ray
Siliguri: Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy on Wednesday charged the Congress of trying to divide Bengal in the wake of the separate statehood demand by the GJM.
Talking to reporters here, Roy alleged that the Congress was trying to divide the state but the people will not accept this move.
"The GJM is under pressure as people are defying their bandh call given to demand separate state", he said.
"Darjeeling is the heart of Bengal and we will not allow anyone to divide the state", Roy said.
The TMC leader who had accompanied chief minister Mamata Banerjee to her recent trip to Darjeeling said more and more people from the Congress as well as the CPM are joining his party.
Today CPM state committee member and former deputy mayor of Siliguri municipality Harisadhan Ghosh joined the party in presence of Roy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars