Cong positive on joining Mamata-led govt
New Delhi: Congress appears to be turning positive on the issue of joining the Mamata-led government in West Bengal.
"Things are turning positive on the issue," a senior Congress leader said.
His statement was significant as it came close on the heels of senior Congress leader Pranab Mukherjee ascertaining the views of state leaders as well as newly elected party MLAs on the issue.
Though Mamata`s party has gained majority on its own, she has invited the Congress and SUCI to join the government.
Asked whether Congress president Sonia Gandhi would attend the swearing-in ceremony in Kolkata, a senior leader said that if Mamata invites Gandhi it would be very difficult not to accept.
Mamata and Mukherjee are expected to arrive here later in the day to meet Gandhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living