Cong trying to create fear psychosis: CPI-M
Kolkata: CPI(M) on Sunday accused Congress of trying to create an atmosphere of fear by resorting to violence before the October 10 Jangipur Lok Sabha bye-election in Murshidabad district in which President Pranab Mukherjee`s son Abhijit Mukherjee is a contestant.
"Congress is trying to create an atmosphere of violence and fear among opposition parties as it is in a troublesome position over the UPA government`s anti-people policies and unfulfilled promises in the constituency," CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose said.
"I condemn the murder of comrade Hamid Sheikh, a primary school teacher, who was killed only to instill fear in the minds of people," Bose said.
Sheikh, shot dead on Saturday night by unknown assailants, was the party`s Shibpur local committee member in Murshidabad district.
Bose claimed that Congress leaders and workers were angry over the huge attendance at a party rally at Nabagram within the Jangipur constituency.
Election to the Jangipur constituency was necessitated by Pranab Mukherjee`s resignation before being elected President.
Bose also alleged that the police was playing a partisan role and demanded that the force take immediate steps to arrest the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal