Congress accuses state government of misusing NREGA
Kolkata: Accusing the state government of misusing NREGA funds, the state Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya today said he will write to union rural development minister Jairam Ramesh apprising about the "misuse of NREGA funds in the state".
"The state government is misusing the NREGA funds. The state government is not using those funds properly. They can`t show any proper utilization certificate about the funds. The state government has not given any proper utilization certificate, " said Bhattacharya.
"They are announcing projects by using the NREGA funds but are claiming that these projects are implemented by the state government. I have verbally totally Rameshji told about the misuse of funds. I will write to him about the misuse of funds, " said Bhattacharya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks