Congress accuses state government of misusing NREGA
Kolkata: Accusing the state government of misusing NREGA funds, the state Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya today said he will write to union rural development minister Jairam Ramesh apprising about the "misuse of NREGA funds in the state".
"The state government is misusing the NREGA funds. The state government is not using those funds properly. They can`t show any proper utilization certificate about the funds. The state government has not given any proper utilization certificate, " said Bhattacharya.
"They are announcing projects by using the NREGA funds but are claiming that these projects are implemented by the state government. I have verbally totally Rameshji told about the misuse of funds. I will write to him about the misuse of funds, " said Bhattacharya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?