Congress accuses state government of misusing NREGA
Kolkata: Accusing the state government of misusing NREGA funds, the state Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya today said he will write to union rural development minister Jairam Ramesh apprising about the "misuse of NREGA funds in the state".
"The state government is misusing the NREGA funds. The state government is not using those funds properly. They can`t show any proper utilization certificate about the funds. The state government has not given any proper utilization certificate, " said Bhattacharya.
"They are announcing projects by using the NREGA funds but are claiming that these projects are implemented by the state government. I have verbally totally Rameshji told about the misuse of funds. I will write to him about the misuse of funds, " said Bhattacharya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie