Congress, BJP hand in glove: Buddhadeb
Howrah: CPI(M) Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday alleged that the Congress and the BJP were hand in glove and took anti-people decisions in tandem.
"Both the Congress and the BJP have same policies on fuel pricing, food security and other anti-people policies," Bhattacharjee told a public rally here.
The former West Bengal chief minister said that while the Left parties wanted fuel prices to be regulated by the government as it has direct impact on prices of essentials, "both the Congress and BJP supported deregulation of prices,"
Making an appeal to the people not to send either Congress or the BJP if they wanted to save the country`s economy and the general people, he said, "their policies were pro-rich and favour only the capitalists at the cost of the poor majority of the country."
Taking on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said "Modi means riots. Do we want government by those who indulge in rioting? "
Attacking Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal, he said "while no industries were coming up in the state and there was huge unemployment, this government was holding only the festivals. It claims to have completed 99 per cent work, but what development has it done?"
Lamenting that the Singur Tata Motors project could not come up due to agitation, he said "it hurts when I see so many vehicles on the streets including Nano cars, but none is manufactured in our state."
Claiming that food prices were rising, he said "food prices were high, but the farmers were not getting good price for their produce."
He also alleged that law and order in the state was "at its nadir" and that incidents of crime against women had risen sharply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal