Congress, BJP hand in glove: Buddhadeb
Howrah: CPI(M) Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday alleged that the Congress and the BJP were hand in glove and took anti-people decisions in tandem.
"Both the Congress and the BJP have same policies on fuel pricing, food security and other anti-people policies," Bhattacharjee told a public rally here.
The former West Bengal chief minister said that while the Left parties wanted fuel prices to be regulated by the government as it has direct impact on prices of essentials, "both the Congress and BJP supported deregulation of prices,"
Making an appeal to the people not to send either Congress or the BJP if they wanted to save the country`s economy and the general people, he said, "their policies were pro-rich and favour only the capitalists at the cost of the poor majority of the country."
Taking on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said "Modi means riots. Do we want government by those who indulge in rioting? "
Attacking Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal, he said "while no industries were coming up in the state and there was huge unemployment, this government was holding only the festivals. It claims to have completed 99 per cent work, but what development has it done?"
Lamenting that the Singur Tata Motors project could not come up due to agitation, he said "it hurts when I see so many vehicles on the streets including Nano cars, but none is manufactured in our state."
Claiming that food prices were rising, he said "food prices were high, but the farmers were not getting good price for their produce."
He also alleged that law and order in the state was "at its nadir" and that incidents of crime against women had risen sharply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees