Congress block president shot dead in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Congress block president was shot
dead by unidentified men in West Bengal`s South 24 Parganas
district on Sunday, police said.
Abdus Sammad Mondal (75), the Congress` Basanti block
president was shot dead by 10-12 miscreants in Simultala
village, about 90 kms from here, they said.
Congress party sources alleged that Mondal was shot
dead by CPI(M) cadres.
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee had yesterday
addressed a public meeting about 1 km away from Mondal`s house
where he had called upon all political parties to exercise
West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee president Manas
Bhunia and other senior party leaders today visited Mondal`s
house to console his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday