Congress block president shot dead in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Congress block president was shot
dead by unidentified men in West Bengal`s South 24 Parganas
district on Sunday, police said.
Abdus Sammad Mondal (75), the Congress` Basanti block
president was shot dead by 10-12 miscreants in Simultala
village, about 90 kms from here, they said.
Congress party sources alleged that Mondal was shot
dead by CPI(M) cadres.
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee had yesterday
addressed a public meeting about 1 km away from Mondal`s house
where he had called upon all political parties to exercise
West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee president Manas
Bhunia and other senior party leaders today visited Mondal`s
house to console his family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump