Congress block president shot dead in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Congress block president was shot
dead by unidentified men in West Bengal`s South 24 Parganas
district on Sunday, police said.
Abdus Sammad Mondal (75), the Congress` Basanti block
president was shot dead by 10-12 miscreants in Simultala
village, about 90 kms from here, they said.
Congress party sources alleged that Mondal was shot
dead by CPI(M) cadres.
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee had yesterday
addressed a public meeting about 1 km away from Mondal`s house
where he had called upon all political parties to exercise
West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee president Manas
Bhunia and other senior party leaders today visited Mondal`s
house to console his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune